Friday, October 7, 2011

What do you value the most in your life?

In America we always see people having trouble with money and the people that have money are usually never satisfied, they always need to try to please themselves somehow. Most of the time you see people that don’t have a lot of things, happy with what they have.That's only because they know they can’t really buy much because they don’t have a lot of money so they like what they have. Some people don’t know how good they have until they lose it or even see how it is on the other side.

One of the thing I mostly value in life that is an expense is my iPod. I couldn’t live without it. It wakes me up in the morning, I listen to it on the bus, while cleaning, and while doing homework. I feel like I’m in my own world when I listen to the music I like. To me it just makes me feel safe and that no one can judge me. Its where I can control what I want to listen to. I like to listen to all kind of different music, but I mainly listen to heavy metal and alternative rock. These kind of music may seem heavy or even scary to other people, but it makes me feel relaxed. I basically grew up listening to this kind of music. My dad listened to it everyday when he brought me to day care when I was little. He said it was his “morning coffee.” I can’t really disagree with him on that since I do the same.

Something priceless that I enjoy the most is being with my friends. I can be myself around them. When in school I feel like i have to pretend to be someone I’m not, it doesn’t seem right to me. Where I hang out with my friends are at football games, at my house, and at parks. We usually just goof off and never really pay much attention to anything that is going on around us. We just have fun with whatever we're doing. Being with my friends is a time where I can relax, talk about whats going on in life right now, and talk about things I can’t really talk to my parents about. I have three main friends that are always there for me and never fail me. That is a what makes them true friends to me.

I value these items the most out of anything in the entire world! I value my iPod and my friends because, one, I could lose a friend anytime, anywhere and two, my iPod has all the songs I’ve liked since 5th grade. These items are kind of similar in many ways to me. For starters, I can be/have things my own way instead of how people want me to be like or tell me what I should listen to (i.e. radio). Secondly, theses things are always there for me when I need them and I always know just where to find them. Lastly, some of the songs I have on my iPod reminds me of my friends or even some songs I listen to, I listen to them with my friends.

Now that you know about the things that I value the most in my life. Why not share about a few things that you value the most in your life? Its not really that hard if your talking about something you like / interested in / something you value. Think about it for a little. What is one thing you value the most that doesn’t cost a thing and then something you value the most that cost money? It could be anything in the world. To your baby blanket to your million dollar watch you got from your grandfather. Just value everything you have because it could just disappear in a blink of an eye.

8 comments:

  1. It seems that you value your iPod and your friends and you have the same feeling for both.
    I think what you described most it was the part when you said why you value your iPod and the memories that bring you listen that music,because your dad used to listen that music in the morning and it was like "morning coffee"(I really like that part.
    This essay strengths is definitely your writing style ,the way you describe each moment like i could see or feel that moment.
    I really like your essay so i don't think you need to change something in your essay .

    ReplyDelete
  2. you value your iPod and your friends it seems like you like both of them the same maybe your friends a little more. i like your essay a lot i don't think you have to change anything about it i love your writing keep up the good writting

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. The author is saying she values her ipod and her friends.
    2. One of the thing I mostly value in life that is an expense is my iPod. I couldn’t live without it. It wakes me up in the morning, I listen to it on the bus, while cleaning, and while doing homework. I feel like I’m in my own world when I listen to the music I like. To me it just makes me feel safe and that no one can judge me. Its where I can control what I want to listen to. I like to listen to all kind of different music, but I mainly listen to heavy metal and alternative rock. These kind of music may seem heavy or even scary to other people, but it makes me feel relaxed. I basically grew up listening to this kind of music. My dad listened to it everyday when he brought me to day care when I was little. He said it was his “morning coffee.” I can’t really disagree with him on that since I do the same.
    3. The essays overall strengths is adding her details.
    4. nothing she is an amazing writer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1: She most strongly values her ipod and her friends. Those are the most important things in her life. Her friends are priceless and her ipod is her expense value that she loves. She couldn't’t live without either of them.
    2: She clearly describes her whole essay. What I mainly liked about this essay was she started off with asking the reader what they think about life how people don’t take what they have for granted.
    3: This essay is perfect. she states why these values in her life are priceless and why she loves them and what they mean to her.
    4: To me this essay was great. I found nothing wrong with it. She makes the reader interested the whole time. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The author is talking about her iPod and being with her friends. the strongest part was her explaining how listening to her ipod is like being in her own world and I can really relate to that is is totally true to me . I really think she did a good job writing this essay and it was very well organized and very descriptive. I don’t have anything really on what she should do better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. the author values her ipod and her friends the most.
    2. she describes how her ipod is expensive and likes to be with her friends.
    3. the strengths are she describes the objects vividly.
    4. there is nothing to change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. The author describes her iPod and her friends.
    2. She describes how her iPod makes her feel and why she likes her friends.
    3. The authors strengths in the story are most likely her descriptiveness.
    4. I Think the author should've been more specific when she was talking about her friends. More like what she enjoys doing with them or why she enjoys being around them

    ReplyDelete