Monday, September 12, 2011

Summer Reading!

Summer Readying Essay

The two characters I have chosen to be in my essay was Sean (the writer of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens” when he was younger) and Daisy (main character of “How I Live Now”). The scene takes place in Oslo. They’re is a battle scene going on in the background and there was a huge bolder in this scene.

Daisy was running to the bolder for protection. Nearly out of breath. She hinds behind the bolder to find someone already there. She notices him, but doesn’t really care at the moment. Daisy peaks her head over the bolder and shouts out “TAKE COVER!!” Her and the boy takes cover.

Once the earth stopped shaking below their feet. Daisy looked around and saw the boy still covering his head. She nudged him and said “it’s okay you can relax now. I believe its over.”

The boy looked around and saw her face. She was a cute brunette, her hair was tied in the back with some hairs falling out on the sides. She looked like she would be about 15 years old. Her clothes were cut up and she also had a little cut on her left cheek, but it didn’t seem to bother her. “h-h-hi my name is Sean” he said shyly.

She gave him a smile and a little giggle. “Hi Sean. My name is Daisy. Are you OK?”

As he slowly got up and said “Yea, I believe so. The main question is, are you OK? Since you have a gash on your cheek.”

Daisy got up as well feeling her left cheek. “Oh I didn’t even notice but yes I'm OK, Thanks for asking.” She looked at the boy. He looked about 16 years old, probably played football in the past years. He had short brown hair and brown eyes. His clothes looked like he hasn’t been outside for too long, but he did look very hungry.

Daisy looked around and found no one in site. They walked through the remains of the dead soldiers. It was quiet gruesome. Dead bodies everywhere! Sean started to get so sick from the smell and the blood he puked.

Daisy looked back to find Sean puking. She walked back and stood by him rubbing his back, saying its OK, and just to calm down and cover his nose and mouth with his t-shirt.

They finally found a house. Sean went in front of Daisy, trying to gain back his manly-hood. He knocked on the door and said, “Hello, is anyone here?”

There was silence.

“I guess no ones hear. Lets go. We don’t need to go in.” Sean said turning around quickly.

“Uh no you look hungry and I know for sure I am. Lets go in and see if they have any food.”

“But someone lives here!”

“Do you see anyone around?” Daisy asked with a bit of an attitude.

Sean sighed and walked in first. He was kind of scared that someone was going to pop out like in all the other horror films that start off with a bomb going off and the town gets infected and turns into zombies.

Daisy must have read his mind because as he was thinking that when she popped out around the corner.

Sean screamed like a little girl.

Daisy laughed so hard, that she almost peed her pants, but awhile laughing so hard, somehow Daisy heard a noise from upstairs. She suddenly stopped and told Sean to shut up.

The noises stopped a few seconds after it got quite. Daisy got up quickly and grabbed a bag and some random food from the shelves. She tightly gripped Sean’s arm and dragged him outside running.

They got out of the house. Sean looked back “What was that for?!” he yelled at her.

“There was someone in there.” She was still holding onto his arm with a tight grip. “Come on lets keep on going...” She said while looking back at the strange house.

3 comments:

  1. 1. well after reading the story i felt a bit curious about what will happen next.
    2. the battlefield of oslo
    3. yes. I thought it was very good
    4. I thought it was problematic because the story ends with "“Come on lets keep on going...”She"

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.I really like it ,it was fun and it make me laugh imagine Sean and Daisy together but it make me wish for more.I remember the part that Sean was screaming so funny.
    2.I would say that the setting best described it was the battle.She write "They’re is a battle scene going on in the background and there was a huge bolder in this scene."The part that I liked it was "The boy looked around and saw her face. She was a cute brunette, her hair was tied in the back with some hairs falling out on the sides. She looked like she would be about 15 years old. Her clothes were cut up and she also had a little cut on her left cheek, but it didn’t seem to bother her. “h-h-hi my name is Sean” he said shyly."I think is well done because she describe a lot and that makes the person picture the scene and laugh.
    3.Yes it does look authentic because it make me think in “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens” that pretty much talk about the problems of teens and you can see that when he want make believe Daisy that he is manly but he is not.
    4.I think the part that i found distracting is the final part "come on lets keep on going..."she" try to complete that part but after all i liked it .

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1.) I loved the story. It made me wish for more of the story. I could definatly see the characters hiding at a war scene.
    2.)"The boy looked around and saw her face. She was a cute brunette, her hair was tied in the back with some hairs falling out on the sides. She looked like she would be about 15 years old. Her clothes were cut up and she also had a little cut on her left cheek, but it didn’t seem to bother her. “h-h-hi my name is Sean” he said shyly." I love these lines because I can clearly picture Daisy. I also liked how Sean got all shy when he noticed how Daisy looked. I thought that was kind of funny.
    3.) The dialouge between the characters seems completely realistic. I like how Sean tries to act all manly after screaming like a little girl.
    4.) The only thing I found problamatic about your blog is that you didn't finish the last sentence. I would really like to know what happens next.

    ReplyDelete